View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Well, I've lost one round to my AV.

It wasn't technically binge - 2 glasses of milk and a slice of bread. But still it was the same way to cope with anxiety. And I want to be honest about that.

Darn. It took me about 4 months to fight insomnia and sort out sleeping. And with this f***ing family-estate issues I'm about to lose my sanity again.

I will take one day at a time. I will cut my imagination and kill fear in the bud. I won't let anyone make my life hell any longer.

I am badass, after all. I'm just wiped out with anxiety badass right now.

Hey my badass pal.....no need to beat yourself up, your AV will love that!! If its anything like mine, it will use it as an opportunity for self-doubt to creep in...'ha! Told you you couldn't do this thing, might as well give up now...'etc
It wasn't technically a binge you said, so you haven't broken your big plan have you? You're just aware that dangerous thought processes were at work...that's a positive as far as I can see it...an opportunity to re-commit.

As a chronic insomniac myself, I can relate to that early morning misery, but hey you had a bad night...everyone does especially when they're under pressure, its not necessarily a start to another bad pattern of not sleeping. What can you do instead if you wake up? I used to walk round the garden at 2 a.m smoking, not an option any more, so I write stuff down instead...you're a writer, perhaps try and release some anxiety that way?

"I'm about to lose my sanity again"....says who??? Re-read your description of yourself....you are stronger than you think, have you forgotten? People who are generally losing their sanity do not show such self-awareness and clarity of thought.

I know you're going through a tough time. I wish I could help. But don't ever doubt there will be an end to it in time. Hold your head up high, walk through the fear. Remember...you're a badass. You can do this. And bingeing is...simply...not...an...option..x