Old 05-26-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
laura2013

Question

Ugh. I caved and texted him, "What's wrong is that I have finally realized that for you alcohol is more important than our relationship. We can talk about this when you get home. Still, I don't deserve to be hung up on."

He says, "I don't deserve lying about nothing being wrong. Continuously. Especially after talking about poor communication skills many times."

I didn't answer and LOL'ed at the predictable-ness of this message. Then he sends me 3 texts with a long message listing "Other things I don't deserve that you constantly do...." (lists six or so things that have one kernel of truth or are blatantly false b/c they are only in HIS mind). Then he says "This is just the beginning but it really helps for me to write this...makes my decision easier."

I know that defending myself would give him what he wants and would get me nowhere. But I am fighting the urge to repeat something about drinking being the reason, maybe the same message I sent earlier? (In fact, maybe I could send him this message after every text. That would be funny but would probably just make things worse.)

Or should I not respond at all? What would you do?