View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
JustAYak
Clever Yak

hi everyone. I'm Jay's sister, Kirby. I have yet to make an appearance on this thread cause I stick to the henhouse one really but I want to (and Jay too) thank you for all the continued support. after a long process of weaning Jay off of certain sedatives and the ventilator, they were finally able to do the last test needed before they could go ahead and operate. due to the area they need to operate on, it may affect his speech moderately, called aphasia. he will still be able to understand language but speaking and writing in a coherent or fluent fashion may be difficult until another part of his brain picks up the slack (fixes itself over time) or another possibility would be to go to speech therapy. we're hoping the damage will be mild but the doctors have prepared us to expect at least some issues with. Jay seems to be ready for whatever happens cause when he heard this he said, "I was never good at english anyways." . we're all a little apprehensive about the surgery but we are confident in his neurosurgeon and know he will be fine.

the surgery is scheduled tonight at 7:00pm (CNT) and will take 4-6 hours. please keep Jay in good thoughts. if all goes well, he should be able to come home with us in 3 to 4 days.