View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Hi Lexie thanks for your reply.
I still read my literature and apply many principles to my daily life and to my patients as well. And agree I do not need to be there to get the benefits.

Yes we have newcomers but not often. Many of them do tend to want to befriend me because they want to hear my stories, but maybe because I am in the field of health, I cannot emotionally spread myself too thin with my patients and newcomers.
I love helping people, it's my business, but at the end of the day, helping too many triggers my codie need to "Save the world". My group leader thinks I would make a great sponsor, but no way I can take any more on my plate (emotionally).

One newcomer in my group is also in AA (6 yrs sober) and you can see she has a seriously personality disorder. She shares about her "7 addict kids" and laughed when she talked about how "I kicked them out at 16 to fed for themselves" and her "many intimate relationships with AA men" and it has my head spinning and I just cannot bring myself to even want to help her because it makes me feel toxic.