Old 05-25-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by laura2013 View Post
(My friends wanted me to be WAY harsher -- wanted me to box up his stuff, put it in the carport, and change the locks while he was out of town. I thought that was kinda low down, though.)
That was MY first thought, but I don't think I could do that, myself.

Here's the problem, though. You already gave him two weeks to quit drinking or move out. He decided to keep drinking, but has he done anything about finding a different place to live? Of course not--he is counting on your not meaning what you said. He is counting on his ability to manipulate you a little bit longer so he can stay comfy and continue to drink as he wants.

HE is the one who has created the "emergency," not you. You told him "two weeks." At this point, I, personally, would not give him more than a few days, tops. Does he have no friends to crash with? Can he not afford a few days in a motel?

Oh, and *I* wouldn't leave if I were you. This is YOUR home. YOU call the shots. But this is also why I would not give him more than a very few days. Trust me, a lot of promises and BS can be shoveled if you give him any longer, and you may weaken and not only will you be back where you started, but your credibility will be shot. He will KNOW that if he cries, begs for forgiveness, makes promises, that you won't follow through with what you have said.