View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DavidG

Hmmm, well... I am 'an orphan' now- mum bin gone for over two years.

My life appeared to be grossly dysfunctional, and my family was the crucible that I came out of...

...I took care of dad, in his agony and addiction- ensured he got to live and die in his own home...

...but when he died I was dis-inherited, lost my home and the family farm.

Mum was a part of that- she wanted an easy life... 'kicked for touch', to use a rugby football term.

I am the oldest of five and mum was #7 in a family of eight. Looking at it that way it kind of figures... [serenity prayer kicks in here...]

I cut myself off from mum for about three years... we found a way back before she died. I did write to her and step-dad and laid out my grievance. I think this was well-timed.

Mum never mentioned the letter, but she and step-dad changed their wills. [I think they had cut me off as well.]

I was, and still am the person who betrayed my family because I spoke out. I don't regret that...

lining myself up with other adult children keeps me facing sanity and life itself.

In her last two or three years mum and I were mates ]friends[.

Each journey and pathway is different... I lost my nephew to a drug overdose [in our neighbourhood too...]. Our kids are okay now- one day at a time...
phew!You_Rock_

DavidG.