View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Excellent post..procrastination is also a fault of mine.

But fear...that's the big one for me. It has kept me trapped in unhealthy thought patterns for most of my life and my addictions have thrived on it. I was given a very good piece of advice by someone much cleverer than me here on SR. She told me 'Jen, so you're scared..so what? Are you going to spend the rest of your life avoiding it? That will keep you stuck in this place of fear forever. You just need to get up and just walk right through it. That way you'll get to the other side'. It's hard but true, and badasses don't shy away from hard emotional stuff. Do we...!!

Anyway, I know I'm half a dozen paces behind you but I'm having a spot of bother writing about badass Jen and really believing it. You see...I'm a bit of a wimp, and while I totally love the idea of being a badass, it is quite a long way from how I really see myself. I'm going to write a list of my achievements I think. The positives about me that I think might actually be true. Good stuff, for example the fact I HAVE walked through fear MANY times....

I will give it some thought. Aha..procrastinate even...!!

My AV has been mostly quiet again today so far...do you think I scared it with my tantrum yesterday?!x