Thread: The Truth
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Some people will give you advice like "pray to Jesus and everything will work out". I respect their opinion, but I recommend a more scientific and realistic outlook. I know all looks hopeless for you. Judging by your tone and the mountain of issues you listed, you are at least able to face the issues. The FIRST thing you need to do is commit to sobriety. You can either tackle this mess drunk, or sober - which do you think will work better?

Secondly, stop looking at the big picture and putting the weight of all those problems on your shoulders. Are you going to jail today? Are you being evicted in 5 minutes? No. You have a roof over your head, you have food on the table. Your life is not in danger. People get through this stuff, but you have to start simplifying things. Unless you have 90K in your pocket and a friend in the justice department, this won't disappear over night. Small steps. What can you do TODAY to get one inch closer to happiness? How about make a plan? Start by listing out your issues, one by one. Get started on fixing them, one by one. Make a call. Set up a meeting. Don't overwhelm yourself with the grand task, make your goals smaller, more realistic, and achievable.

And - STAY SOBER. That should be job 1. Good luck to you.

Last edited by bigsombrero; 05-25-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: i deleted an accidental sentence