View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Allrighty then. We'll celebrate tomorrow)

Yesterday I looked into self-pity.

Today is turn for another AV's "partner in crime" - procrastination.

Procrastination is not some "chicken thief". It's a dangerous hard-core criminal.

It steals time, hopes, and, eventually life.

It places traps of doubts, fear, and self-distrust. And finally the victim is totally bewildered, washed out, and beaten.

And when procrastination has done its work, here shows up AV and offers a "solution" - "Come with me. I know a way out. You'll be relaxed and you'll find joy of life again".

We all know how the story ends.

Just yesterday I came across an interesting definition of fear - "Cocktail of instinct and imagination". Well, while there's no use to switch off instincts, I can definitely cut off my imagination, and then one element will be missed. There will be no spark to ignite fear that paralyzes my actions and leads to procrastination.

I've been dwelling on procrastination on one of my threads. Well, I think this thief has robbed me enough.

How to fight it? I think I'll start with cliche - Just do it. Just make the first step, then go on. I'll use this quote:

"Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." - Martin Luther King

Procrastination? Not for Badass Midnight!