Old 05-25-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tsukiko
Attended By a Single Hound

Anxiety and stage fright, any advice, guys?

Hey guys. So, I’ve this event coming up.

And it’s sort of my nightmare situation for a myriad of reasons…and when I get bad anxiety everything goes - my vision blurs, I shake, my brain becomes a snow globe, my muscles tense and I literally cannot speak. At worst, I just plain pass out...like, bit shaky then thud. Literally -

Anyway, this'll be my first ever sober event. It’s in two weeks, but already the anxiety is getting me thinking bs like ‘ I’ll just bump a bit of coke and everything will be fine’.

...I thought I was dealing with it (and other stuff), but then I sort of lost my temper...at work...the other week and got signed off and now the doctor won't say I'm fit for work so my boss won't let me back.

Back to the point, I guess I’m posting to stop myself from that sort of bs thinking much as anything...

Truth is, I can’t avoid these events for the rest of my life...

I figure if I can get through this launch the two events after that might be a little easier going…

Over the last couple of years trying to actually face my using and being a general pain in the arse, I've gone from being that girl who fights like a bloke to a mute who shuffles about with a handbag full of beta blockers...Right now, I've mastered angry and reckless or expressionless mute ...and neither look good on stage, y'know...

Just wondered, anyone been in this sorta' situation / anything you found effective?