Thread: The Irony
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peacedove

crazed

somehow, be thankful you get to keep your 401K. right now this probably doesn't seem like such a great thing to you but it is. had my relationship lasted i would have been under the bus financially before it was all said and done--guaranteed. i've never been one to focus on money other than having goals i want to reach(he was terrible, terrible, terrible with money and said so alllllllll the time)and making sure the bills are paid, etc...BUT BUT BUT...how bad would we feel right now if that had happened, also?????? this situation has been worse than divorce the way my heart feels at times. i know you feel this way, too. the only thing i can hang on to is what my brain says which is "girl, it could have been so, so much worse" and then i have to stop. you gave 13 years of your life to her/children--but you still have years of life to live. please remember it. i keep telling myself whatever i need to just to breathe and keep moving. if you can, reach down as deep as you can and find the piece of you which won't allow another human with addiction to take your future away from you. it will be a different future than either of us thought or planned or even how we feel right now. thing is: it will be BETTER. none of the nonsense we have experienced with them.
letting go of the "good" times or the beginning or the things that seemed hopeful is the hardest. the train wreck is real. and there is always one or more train wrecks with them. for me...my heart can't do this again. once is enough. what i learn here and now is going to stick. come hell or high water.
be strong!