View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
peacedove

? about additives in coffee

After reading the vanilla extract thread and getting my education there...I'm in the kitchen this AM making my own coffee and out of the blue it came to me--what's the deal with adding things to coffee in the AM like frangelica(spelling incorrect probably)or other "it just makes it taste better"(liqueurs?) kind of bottles from the cabinet. Believe me, I laugh as I post this because I can remember being in a rush, pouring my own thermos full of just strong, black coffee the way I like it and heading to the door in a hurry while the ex was piling in tons of sugar then grabbing the bottle "for a better taste" in his cup while I was leaving. I remember thinking "why that stuff? why not some flavored creamer??" Lawdamercy...he didn't drink coffee much...but when he did I'm guessing this was just another buzz catcher, right?? It's ok to laugh--I have many times at my own self for not knowing--it just wasn't something I was ever around so...go on and tell me if I'm right or wrong on this one, too. Hey, maybe people will say it's nothing and that will be great, too! Just remember....it's an educational process...and I really must have been raised in a bubble after all :-) Ahhhhhh, kind of a semi-laugh going on starting this day for me on this end. Thank goodness for laughing!!!