View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
AnonK

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
oh honey, you really need to figure out YOU first.

If you don't you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of heartache and disappointment.

I seemed to have spent years of my life embracing other people's causes, issues, dated a couple of guys whose interests, did not interest or stiimulate my mind. I was spinning my wheels and often found myself stuck in the mud.

I can only suggest, until you truly know what makes you tick, what makes you come to life, makes you smile, makes you cry, you probably shouldn't be involved.......

Find your passion, my friend.

Until we truly know who we are, we don't have much to offer others.

You cannot go through life with you light shining under a bucket.

I have me figured out, for the most part. I actually have to work on (day in and day out) keeping my chin up and smiling. Sometimes it's genuine, and sometimes I fake it 'til I make it. Not too many can tell the difference. Just as my RAXBF has his demons, I have mine. Mine just aren't substance based.

More than anything, my greatest passion is currently my job. That's why I took slight offense when someone suggested that he was my single source of self-esteem, because he isn't. He's not even at the very top of the list.