View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
deeker

Originally Posted by LAdrunkard View Post
Judging by the responses here, it only proves my point, the vast majority of aa'ers are on mind altering meds. I surmise strongly that most of you who posted these very negative responses are in that group. There are very rare instances where meds of any kind are really necessary. Look at animals in the wild, do they need medications to be healthy? People in AA simply want the easier softer way, period. I never see members in AA at the neighborhood gyms or jogging in the streets or hiking in the hills. Most look very unhealthy. Studies show that AA has much higher rates of smokers, coffee drinkers, and most importantly, those studies show that they are on antidepressants at a much higher rate than the general population. Getting recovered in mind and body is a lot of effen work and most alkies are unwilling to do it. Instead of seeing a therapist for the resolution of grave emotional and mental disorders, they take medications! It's a lot easier to pop a pill and go to a meeting and talk about your newfound happy, joyous and free state, than to work out these issues. Furthermore, people in AA fail to follow the proven relationship between what you eat and how much you exercise to how your mental state is. Believing in God means doing all those things and honoring Him for the life He gave you. Talk is cheap. Get off the mind altering meds and go to work Instead of sitting there watching TV or yakking on the cell, do research on proper nutrition and start exercising. That is why what I see in meetings is not much different from what I saw at Happy Hour bars. Only difference is they are off the alcohol, which is a great accomplishment and is better than nothing, but not much else. I'm only trying to be helpful here and hoping I'll help someone, even one person to get going. Instead of going to 7 meetings a week, can't you go to just 4 and go hiking the other 3? I can understand that a newcomer needs a lot of meetings but when you've been around for awhile, come on.
Ignorance is bliss!! You may be honoring God with your eating but you could have fooled me if you are honoring him with anything else.

Haven't seen one single fruit of the spirit in you today. Did you come here to encourage others or just vent cuz you are obviously miserable and are unable to realize your powerlessness over others. what step are you working?

People don't waste your time with this one. This is not recovery my friends.