Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
This made me remember a couple of things: When I first started doing yoga, probably 15 years ago, I often ended a session feeling as if I might cry. Recently, if I have a decent run, I will feel exhilarated immediately after but then hard on the heels of that I will start to cry. I recently had a massage w/my massage therapist, who I feel is especially gifted, and I sat in the car after that and cried also. Really didn't make the connection all the way until this moment, but yes, relaxing your body and allowing yourself to be still and feel instead of creating noise all the time....and then what comes up may be tough to deal with.

Thanks for this topic; I see there is more to think about than I originally imagined. Appreciate everyone's posts here.
I've had this happen with yoga & massage as well! It's because our leftover emotions get locked into our physical body & these kinds of activity jar them loose.

As part of my recovery, I actively tried to dislodge it & designed my home yoga practice to target the hip area, since that is considered the "seat" of our emotions energetically.