View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Wow - you have a teenager, a baby, and an alcoholic husband?! Talk about the stress trifecta!

Hon, everything you describe is normal, so first of all, try to be easy on yourself.

Secondly, it is IMPERATIVE you find some time to take care of yourself. I love the "put your oxygen mask on first" analogy here. Nothing will function well if you aren't functioning well. Consider more Al-Anon meetings, or therapy if need be. But find support for you. Coming here is a great first step in that direction.

Lastly, I too thought "not drinking" was the answer to my problems. But it was simply the beginning of a long and winding roller coaster ride. We didn't make it, by the way. Some don't. It's why everyone recommends the family members and loved ones work a recovery program too. You've been affected by his drinking all this time, and trust and respect are blown, so thinking you should be grateful and happy is a bit much, right? But you can learn to detach and find strength and hope in your own recovery program.

Keep reading and keep coming back,
~T