View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
nothopeful1

I agree with everyone. You will only gain power in this situation when YOU set some boundaries!!! Right now you are letting her make all the decisions, yet there are 2 people on a relationship. Please read Codependent No more. Please go to an open AA meeting. As well as an Al-Anon meeting. Seeing it from all perspectives really enlightened me. I no longer want to be the victim in my life. I'm so sorry you are hurting. I know your pain so well. Also remember you have given 8 years to this relationship. Do you want to always get what you've always gotten on it? And something I tell myself everyday" life is what happens everyday" stop waiting on what you want, and realize this day is important to, don't wait on her to find happiness. It's all around you. I know how hard it is to implement these changes. But everyday it will get better. And once you set those boundaries and cease to make her the priority in your life, but instead make yourself the priority, you will begin to feel stronger. Peace to your spirit my friend.