Thread: food frenzy
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EverySngleNight

Of course you're going to eat more right now! Putting on a few L.Bees (as you can tell from the replies), seems to be more of the rule than the exception.

IPM suggested the myfitnesspal app- it's AWESOME! You can even track your calories by scanning the bar code of what you're eating. I did manage to lose weight when I actively used it.

Here's the thing with booze- your body will use booze calories before "real food" calories. Because of the sugar and carbs. So when you drink and eat your body will process the booze and use it for energy first, then store your leftover food calories = fat. When you drink booze and DON'T eat your body uses the booze for energy, but it's devoid of nutrients.

This is actually the perfect storm for metabolism destruction. Body working overtime to process sugars(alcohol), dehydration, malnourishment. So 4 days in- your body is "holy crap where's my sugar?" Thus cravings. So you eat more nutrient dense food (compared to booze anyway), and your body is all "OMG it's FOOD! store it away for when she stops feeding us again!!" Or, "processing all this food is too much work, we're tired- toss it on the thighs." Also, if you've upped your water intake (and you should!), but previously weren't drinking enough, or had booze zapping your reserves- your body will initially retain more fluid in compensation for the dehydration.

Your cravings are part of the quitting process. Your body is trying to fill the nutrient and sugar gap, not just the booze gap. I really believe you should go with it for now. When I don't eat and drink properly, my alcohol cravings are MUCH worse! (1 week and 2 days in.). You're already fighting your desire to drink. Dieting right now, could easily lead to a relapse IMO.

In the longterm- you will get back to eating like normal (which for you- sounds pretty healthy). Try to stay active. The metabolism is like a muscle. I've used mine the wrong way for a while so it's injured. It's taking a rest! Lol. But as it heals, I'll be able to use it more -in the right way- and eventually, it will be strong and more effective! That's going to take time.

Congrats on 4 days! :-)