Thread: lonely girl not
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thislonelygirl
box of chocolates

lonely girl not

Everythings good
Ah is an rah atleast I hope it stays that way but hes not talking about it or acting like he wants to drink on the contrary hes talking about not drinking and telling others hes not.
I can see the " real" change in him from wanting to drink to wanting to be sober.
We even stopped by the liquor store right next to our store for an energy drink that they didnt have at the store. He held up well and didnt have the itch.
I really feel he does not want to drink at all. He hasnt talked about wantng any or thinking he can even have a little or talking bad about aa or any physical pains etc.
Hes made an amazing turn around. It was a bundle of things that did it for him one after the next and me having boundaries. I think that was a big one. Not giving in and putting up with it. Its been atleast a month of sobreity and I actually feel more calm as well.
So far so good....will he relapse? He says even if hes thought about it he cant bring himself to drink. He just doesnt want to be that way. Atleast now its him trying so I am pleased. Not giving up on my side of things. Ice changed alot too and will continue to do so but for now I can feel secure in the fact that hes not blindly drinking blaming and makimg excuses to do so. Im actually with a man who knows his wrongs. That feels great and he has stopped contact with friends aquintances etc who are no good. Hallelujah!
Progress...