View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Leshar

Many, many thanks for all the responses and support, this means a great deal to me.

It was a very difficult evening, but I kept trying to pay attention to my breathing.
My friend is an angel, she takes on far too many projects, and she is disorganized by nature, but even more so when she's got too much on. She couldn't remember where shed put half the stuff we needed, that took ages to find, then, well look the bottom line is that if she had a better system going, just some easy changes to make, things would go better.

She was so panicky about getting everything done on time that we didn't have time to really visit. The exact same thing happened last year when I helped. I'll bow out next year i think!

Toots, no we have a very good friendship and I love helping her, a couple of weeks ago i helped her clear out her garage, that was a lot of fun. I guess I just don't like inefficiency where I know that simple changes would make her project easier and take less time.

Big sombrero, thanks for your interesting point, I never thought of this as a means to help a young person learn/be aware of some good old fashioned values! Point taken!

Displacedgrits, you're so right, it is my fault not my dear friends that I am discontent, and I do really enjoy helping her, I guess I admit I was projecting my irritability onto a tangible annoyance, thanks well put! Dee, too.

Bruce, I'm with you, we just have to ride out the negative, irritable feelings sans booze.

Thanks all, it feels good to be heard and given a gentle dose of reality!
On to day 23.
SR rocks!!