View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

one of the best things we can learn to do is to allow the other people in our lives to do what they need to do...its actually crucial, IMHO, for couples who live together, shared space, but defined SEPARATE space.

hank came home today in a bit of a "quiet" mood, nothing WRONG, just kind of somewhere else. we've had a sick dog, I stayed home today, he comes home and didn't seem all that interested in my tale of renting the carpet cleaner etc.

well, it turns out, on the way home, on the sports radio station, he'd heard that some 49'r had suffered a possible season ending injury during OTAs. san fran is our division (Seahawks, NFC West) and really just wanted to watch Sportscenter for the latest.

he was NOT upset...no issues...dog thing not a problem, carpet cleaner rental not a problem, he just was more focused on the sports update!!!! that was HIS space...after asking, once, you ok??, and him replying yes, I just want to watch this and really don't NEED to hear further details of the process of getting the carpets cleaned!!!, I GOT that he wasn't where I was at.

it's OK to be on different pages. you have different lives!! her thing....your thing. let her be her, and you...be YOU. if it's meant to be, it will be.