View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Spantoh

Struggling with detachment :(

My RA girlfriend is clean 80 some odd days and arrived home from a 3 month stay at a facility in FL (to NJ) a few weeks ago.

Since then, we shared a few nights and days together. Seen a movie, taken drives, walks, etc. Just enjoyed each other's company.

Recently, she had asked her parents to stay at their shore house so as to be away from the family, triggers, (which I believe may be one in the same) etc.

She has apologized for not inviting me down the shore with her. Telling me she just needs some time. Has also recently apologized for "not being the best lately" as she puts it.

I have repeatedly told her when she apologizes, not to worry about it and to do whatever gives her some peace of mind.

As her BF of 8 years next week, I can't help but want to be around her more often as I missed her so much while she was away. However, I DO NOT push for time together or continuously ask, call, text by any means.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am slowly realizing this to be all part of her recovery and that the space is necessary to "find herself", as many SR members have already told me.

Just sharing, appreciate any replies.
J