View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Could use advice

Some of you may recall about my job issue of last month--- I was non renewed, then reinstated for next year then got an interview at a different school etc...

Well, on Sat the principal where I interviewed a month ago called me and offered me a job. It's an amazing school (a charter school), I'd be teaching what I LOVE most (social studies to middle school kids vs special ed which I fell into a few years ago and have found it hard to get out of and back into social studies in the traditional public school setting). It's in my town too so no commute.

I met with the principal yesterday and got the official offer and the pay is horrid. Almost as low as my first teaching job ever 15 yrs ago.

To take the job I would HAVE to rely on xAH. I would be dependent on his paying child support. In my current job, a job working for a woman who is vinidictive and in a position I do not love, I am financially fine on my own.

I am so torn. I want to be happy at work since I have to work (what I would like to do is be home with my kids but that's not an option) and being happy with what I do makes me a happier person in general. But I also have a deep fear of taking a job that leaves me financially dependent on a man who has shown he can not be trusted or depended on-- even when it comes to his kids.

I was up thinking about this a lot of last night... I've made lists, I have looked at it (I think) from every which way... I just am really torn.

If I had to choose today I would probably choose to stay in my current job because of the money and I really have no idea if that is a bad idea...

I could use others thoughts.... I feel like my head is cluttered by worry and confusion and maybe I am missing seeing something...

Thoughts welcome