Thread: Day 20 -> Day 1
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bubovski

Originally Posted by sassu78 View Post
Urgh!!

Ok so I made it 20 days with not a drop and last weekend I wanted to have few drinks...
Surprisingly I was able to control myself. I had 2 drinks on Friday, 2 drinks on Saturday but then 6 on Sunday...Even on Sunday I was able to stop at 6 pm and go to bed early so that the drinking didn't effect my work...

Now I feel weird! I'm mentally back where I started. After 20 days sober I felt amazing!! Now it's back to the same "no confidence on me sober, after few drinks I'm so much more social, I feel so horrible not being able to do this for me..."
But then again I feel like I have learned something. I was able to control it and noticed that it wasn't fun at all like that!!! Needing to stop after 2 or even 6 just pissed me off...I felt like I was wasting calories and a good buzz...
I am very happy to see that I was in control and didn't get wasted but it was more painful than being sober...Counting drinks and hours when I need to stop...really not relaxing...and of course worrying about all the money spent...

I think I'm one of those people who wants to go all the way or not at all...

I will choose not at all...At least I tried the third option but it's not for me...

I hope you guys had a better weekend
I know just where you are coming from.

I have had months of sobriety for many years just to slip, out of the blue.
Presently I am finding great reinforcement at AA meetings and a morning prayer to take one day at a time.

I used to record my beers in bars in a note book. One guy said " Are you mad?"
After noting four or five pots the notes became more and more muddled. Not a good idea, and only one an alcoholic would apply.