View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

OT- who knows anything about kittens?

The girls and I rescued 2 kittens a few weeks ago. They got their first set of shots at the SPCA and for almost 4 days now have had non stop diarreah (sorry!). They can't control it and I seriously am about to lose my mind. I don't love cats to start and this is not endearing them to me.

I took them to the vet yesterday who seemed not the least bit phased and gave me ridiculoulsy expensive food and meds for them and said within 24 hrs there should be an improvement.

Last night was HELLISH. I had to lock them on the porch for today because I can't come home to my house being destroyed and covered in cat poop again today...

Has anyone had kittens with this issue and had it resolve quickly? I don't want to be making daily trips to the vet because spending hundreds of dollars per visit on rescue kittens wasn't really my plan...

I am going to see how they are when I get home today and am praying that they are on the mend....

Just wondered if anyone who's a cat person had any thoughts....

I will say that dealing with this for the past few days has been an awesome pre summer bikini weather diet. I am so disgusted with all that I have cleaned up that I have had no appetite so there's a silver lining I guess! LOL!