Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Sending hugs, Lexie. I've been feeling completely unmotivated to completely unpack / toss / donate. Didn't help that this weekend I spent sleeping trying to get over some bug and woke up to a steady plink-plunk of several leaks and the sounds of birds nesting in my walls. _IN_ my walls. I apparently didn't google enough about the downfalls of stucco... I've had zero motivation this entire winter to clean out the cr-pola that moved with me and that the previous owner/renter left all over the property. (I'm now adding getting the septic system checked to my list of needs to be done.)

For those who might be interested, Freecycle is another great resource for those cleaning house. It's kind of like craigslist (so use the same precautions when posting), but is strictly for usable stuff you just want to give away and keep out of the landfills. Once you join the local group, you can post a message saying what you have available to recycle and any one who needs it can contact you to make arrangements to pick it up. (Also a great resource for those on tight budgets as you can post for household items you need and any one who has one that they don't need can contact you.)