Thread: I am scared
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Turnz505

Sacha, I am new to this (on day 8) but a week ago I felt exactly how you described. I posted on here and poured my guts out to the people here, I wanted to know if the anxiety would dissipate or if I would ever be able to enjoy life sober again.. Let me tell you that after a week sober, life is getting fun again and the anxiety is leaving. I am able to talk to people again, feel more confident and don't need alcohol to have a conversation. I'm excited for the first time to wake up and live out the day, not fearful of it, and also motivated to get into things I always wanted to do but never could cuz I was waste. Keep in mind I'm only on my second week and it's already getting better.. I have no idea what next week has in store for me. Keep it up!! when was your last drink?

I know exactly what you're going through and trust me, it get's better if you give it a chance. Please feel free to PM me whenever, I will help you in any way that I can. You got this! The first days are ******, irritable, anxious and life seems bleak and pointless.. thats the result of all the drinking and your may have dopamine or seratonin deficiency. Eat well, get 7-8 hrs of sleep (very important to replenish you), and go to meetings because you will leave them feeling inspired and ready to kick this disease in the ass!!

(If you are thinking about meds, just my opinion I don't trust them if they aren't natural. Too many side affects and potential for cross-addiction.. I recommend 5-htp and st. john's wort, they are natural anti-depressants and seratonin boosters with little to no side effects)