Old 05-20-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by RiverFriend View Post
Hi Guys,
Well, I once again made it through a weekend and am on Day 5. I am leaving for a 5 day music festival on Thursday morning and have promised my wife that I will go as we desperately need the vacation from life. With that said, last night I was sitting around with her and my dad and said 'you know what, I better just accept that I'm going to drink at this festival and I might as well just have a beer tonight.' Stupid....I had already decided I wouldn't drink at this festival and was using a festival that is still a few days away as an excuse to drink a cold one in the meantime...who does that!?!?! haha. Anyway, I sat in my chair last night for a few minutes and the craving passed and I grabbed a coke instead of a beer. My wife said just because you want to drink at the festival doesn't mean you should drink the whole week beforehand...yes she is a 'normie.'

Anyway, I have absolutely got to get a plan together in order to not partake in the drinking this weekend or I will fail. Now, here's the good thing about the festival...they have an AA camp set up at this festival and hold AA meetings every morning and afternoon of the festival. This is my only chance for making it through the 5 days and the first thing in my plan is to check in and meet the people in this camp within hours of arriving. Eck, can you tell I'm stressed about this? I know in my heart that I can have a good time and not drink and feel blessed that this group of non-drinking festival goers exists. I know many on here would say "Absolutely do not go to such an event so early in sobriety." But I am going and that decision has been made. Any suggestions on things to add to my plan would be appreciated. Thanks and here's to another day of no drinking.
Just make sure you have a "Plan B" in case Plan A goes south. Don't be/feel trapped there. Have an OUT in place if needed.

All the best.

Bob R