Old 05-20-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RiverFriend

Thanks you guys.....Hypo I have a smartphone but not sure if I'll have reception as the fest is in the mountains but will certainly check in if I do. Anna, I totally hear you and think this is why I'm really nervous about the whole thing....and I know in reality I do not have to go but have promised my wife and quite honestly we need the break right now. And LDT thank you for your words and reminder of how a good time is possible at these events without drinking. They offer AA meetings at the amphitheater every morning at 8 a.m. and another afternoon meeting. We will also have our 10 month old there and I think I'm going to really focus on more bonding time with him...something that never happens when I'm drinking. A lot of good hikes and tons of nondrinking activities are set up throughout the weekend. Still nervous as hell but have to go into this with the decision not to drink and a Plan A, B, C, D, E....whatever it takes to stay strong. I know morning sunrises with coffee, smell of breakfast, etc. beats a hot day spent hungover in an RV any day. I really want to focus on my family, nature, music and positives of not drinking. The AA meetings and sober camp will certainly be a great crutch. Thanks again.