SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Depression
Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
liverbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmytime1234 View Post
I stopped drinking 16 days ago. Since I wasnt a daily drinker just more of a binger who couldn't control them self, I wasn't prepared for experiencing any kind of depressed feelings . Just the past week I have been a mess, just feeling like I don't want to do anything. Is this normal for someone who wasn't a frequent or daily drinker ? It's not like I'm dying for a drink and that's all I think about , I honestly don't want anything... Food, water, friends.... Everything just feels really bland... Except for coffee lol. Can anyone relate ?
I have been having the exact same thing. I'm only on day 2 and have also never been a daily drinker. I had just come off a 3 day binge and yesterday was the first time i'd ever had withdrawal symptoms. Everything feels really bleak and I have been extremely anxious ever since. I told my mum about the extent of my problem yesterday and have been calling her regularly ever since. Talking to someone has really helped me feel a bit more positive.

Good luck, you've done really well to get to 16 days! Try to talk to someone if you can and hang in there i'm sure it will pass.
liverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to liverbird For This Useful Post:
Living (05-20-2013)