View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MzMcCoy

And it begins...

Well... here I am on Day one of sobriety. I've been wanting to quit drinking for... well probably a year. I'm so tired. I'm tired of wasting money. I'm tired of hangovers. I'm tired of not being able to read books anymore or do things I love. I'm tired of losing jobs and flunking out of college classes because I'm too hungover to show up. Mostly-- I'm tired of missing out on time with my family.

I'm almost 26 years old, and I've been drinking 10+ drinks a day for the past three years. I know if this continues, I'll be living with even more regret and depression than I have now.

I'm bipolar, and I don't have any medications. I've used alcohol as a crutch to self medicate with and it became a habit I couldn't get away from. Today-- I start being sober. In the past three years, with all of my attempts at quitting-- I never made it past the third day. Well... I'm hoping to post here on day five and tell you all I'm still sober.

I need support, so here I am. I look forward to reading information here and getting to know you all.