Old 05-20-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
FeelingGreat
Sober since 10th April 2012

Lexie, gotta jump in on this thread. Do you think there's a potentially new social group in home organisation/renovation? I am a natural slob myself and time available to me doesn't have much to do with it. My home is 3 beds, one bath, plenty big enough for me but not a lot of storage. I've had several clear-outs over the years and I'm only just beginning. I gave a lot to charity shops (they make old clothes into bags of rags so you can give them anything) and I sold a lot of more valuable stuff on Gumtree which is our local online classified site.
I got the kitchen, bathroom and laundry renovated, and I don't have much trouble keeping them tidy now. I got rid of a lot of kitchen stuff and invested in things that took up less room. I put a fair bit of thought into 'storage solutions' like hanging shoe holders, chests to hold winter clothes and bed linen. I'm pretty good with a drill so I attach baskets to the inside of cupboard doors which allows me to keep stuff separate and easy to find.
I found that with big renovations that getting someone to project manage it ie take on the whole job, was more expensive but saved me having to handle tradesmen individually.
You can go all out on more and more storage, but it makes sense to get rid of most of your stuff so you don't have so much to store. You won't miss it; in fact you'll feel lighter. Can you take some 'before' photos please? Don't have to post them until you have super cool 'after' photos to show as well!