Old 05-20-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
ShootingStar1

Lexie, I had tile on the kitchen/family room of my house and I loved it. Since we had dogs, I got a taupe color that came with some slightly darker taupe tiles, and put a few of them in here and there in a pattern. All the tiles were gradations of the color, so they never showed the dirt. And the grout was taupe, which NEVER showed any dirt. Had a white tile floor with white grout in a previous house - would NEVER do that again! Might be great for the basement and you can put area rugs on it that are washable, or indoor/outdoor rugs that can be salvaged if it ever floods.

I had a ball shopping for all this stuff. Maybe you can get yourself into the swing of things by enjoying imagining all the different ways you could make this space a glorious place to use... If you're not into color and home design, what about finding a friend who is and getting them to help you get into looking? Maybe an artist, someone whose house you admire?

I do like Pergo. Never had it scratch. But for the main floors, since I've been house hunting, realtors are saying that wood is back in. I think it does add to the value of the house and you get to pick great area rugs to complement the rooms.

Take a Sunday afternoon and go to some high end Open Houses - you can get lots of ideas and start seeing this as "the art of the possible", not as a terrible burden and chore.

Wish I lived closer - I'd love to help you with this! Send me pictures if you want!!!!!!

ShootingStar1