Old 05-20-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
I do not know what you mean by upstairs and downstairs. Is downstairs the basement? Or is downstairs the first level, you know kitchen, living room etc, and bedrooms upstairs.
It's a three-level home. Living room, dining room, kitchen (and one small half-bath) on the main floor. Upstairs are three bedrooms (one I use for my home office) and the laundry closet, two bathrooms (one off the master bedroom).

The basement was finished (walls still are), and I originally planned to put a sliding glass room divider down there for a workroom area for crafts (used to sew and started learning stained glass) or repairing stuff--something I could close off to keep the cats out of the way. As I said, no real point in doing renovations down there until the basement/foundation is fixed.

When I had the sewer flood, I hired the guys who did the repair work to paint the whole house for me, to take down the huge wall mirrors that the previous owner had all over the place (mirrors are yuck to me). I have a fireplace in the living room that, believe it or not, was SURROUNDED by mirrors. I broke up and removed those mirrors myself and had a friend surround them with colored slate tiles--that looks great. I need to replace the fireplace/chimney liner as they are all rusted out (lost my chimney cap, and was informed the whole inner part needs replacement). I got a good start on making it my own before the foundation problem derailed me.