Old 05-19-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

lexi - hank and I bought our house 7 years ago....right in the listing it said "bring your sweat equity" - we got in a program with NO money down, accepted the appraisal AS IS, and here we are. work in progress.

about a month ago, we were looking out at the yard outside the front door (we have like three sections of yard - the upper drive way yard, the middle yard by the front door and the out back yard by the lake). and we saw these "new" white blooming flowers??? it was raining that day so we grabbed the binoculars, and I determined it looked like a camellia blossom. next change I had when the rain stopped I went out, and there was a LARGE, very established cameiia bush - wedged in between the burning bush and the lilac!!!!

I thought at first, ok, who snuck in my yard and planted this?? but it had been here the whole time!!? 7 years and i'm just now FINDING mysteries in my yard. key word MY yard. yeah I know right now your place is a mess, all torn up needing much repair. but it's YOURS honey. we often wonder just what the hell we got ourselves into....I mean there is so much to do...it's a big sloped piece of property, fricking old growth trees all around (I know, boo hoo huh?), and you could spend a week on ONE section and hardly make a dent. but sh*t, what else we got going right? beats the hell about of being holed up, all windows and doors shut and covered, smoking crack!