Old 05-19-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
amy55

My suggestion is to tackle the basement first. You know you have to do this, they can't fix the foundation or replace any walls without getting the basement under control.

I have put this off for a long while also. Almost everything is still down the basement, but that is on my list for this week. I can't have someone come in and finish my basement with all of my stuff still down there. So while they are working on the outside of my house, I will go through at least 2 containers of things a day. Will not pick up the 3rd container until all the stuff in the other 2 were gone through, put away, or disposed of.

I am already aware that I will have a mess on my main floor, but I do know that once the basement is done, I can then put it away there, but it will be put back in some kind of order.

BTW, I have 4 cats, and I have a litter box in my kitchen, but that will also be going once the basement problem is resolved.

And I so agree with hiring experts. I can do a lot of things, but my house did become unmanageable. So I am even paying people for things that I really can do myself. It just takes less time, you see results faster, you start to feel better about yourself, and it then motivates you to do things on your list that might have at one point be # 47 or # 48.

After I get all this completed, then I will get to work on what I really do like to do, and that is landscaping.