Thread: Day 3
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
deeker

Originally Posted by jakec View Post
My plan for today is to get a haircut, hangout with my mom for a little bit, go to my dad's house, call my sponsor, play piano, and get to an NA meeting.

I made the decision to cut off all of my old friends accept for the ones in the program, I even let go of my best friend, it was hard but I had to do it. I also changed my phone number.

I set up an appointment with CD outpatient, so that's good.

I was all worked up about court because my Dad has to report to the town court that I left treatment so I don't know whats gonna happen with that but then I thought, my higher power has done so much for me already that I have to trust that everything will work out and whatever happens it will be meant to be, so now I feel accepting and serene.

For me, Narcotics Anonymous, is my strongest source of recovery. I'm writing down every meeting I go to every day and I'm keeping a journal. I won't have court for a little while, so that will give me some time to prove that the program can work for me if I work it.

So yeah, that's where im at. I'm feeling calm and optimistic right now.

Thanks for listening.
Sounds like you know exactly what you need to do and you are awesome. The reason the suggestions in NA/AA are so repetitious is because they work but most people don't want to work. They want their lives to get better and they want to get clean by wishing it away but doing nothing different.. Or they are to busy to do what NA suggests but they sure had a lot of time on their hands to get their drugs and use their drugs. It seems you know what doesn't work anymore. I wish you the best!