Old 05-19-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Legend40 View Post
no i am from upstate NY, where everyone here knows everyone, that is why i am so sketchy on going. i know i have been reassured that nobody speaks of other peoples business but you dont know this town. ill give it a try but the first time someone approaches me with stuff about my life i am leaving and never going back
poeple have been talkin about your businees while you have been drinking.. would you rather poeple talk about ya falling off a barstool and stumbling out the door of a bar? screw what others say.

now sloooow down. you dont have to spill the beans about yer life at a meeting. thats not what they are about and yer not required to do that. yes, the program does suggest takin a look at yerself and discussing yer life with another closed mouth individual. but theres something great about doing that: you'll see theres nothing unique about ya. the program will build yer self esteem and ya wont care who knows about yer past or present and youll be able to help another alcoholic achieve sobriety.