View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ArcticSA

Thanks everyone, I am always surprised how nice it is to hear from other people in my same situation. On that note, Maylie, no, I have no support group and noone to call. I also have no new hobby.
Originally Posted by CharlieNoogan View Post
I agree with bigsombrero. From the way you wrote your post it sounds like the beer in the fridge is what got this pattern of thinking started in your head.

Perhaps respectfully ask your husband to keep it away from you, at least while you are in early recovery.

Do you have a dog? Explain to him that it's like leaving a steak sitting out on the edge of the table. As much as the dog knows he should not eat it and the trouble he will get in, if he is left alone the steak being there eventually becomes too much to handle.
As for that issue....you are absolutely right. The beer in the fridge is what got the thinking started. And that almost embarrasses me because I felt so strong and proud for not letting it get to me. I mean there is beer in the fridge every weekend, and it hasnt bothered me yet.
I just dont want to mention it like that. I already have to keep mum about it because I am in the situation where my SO doesnt think I ever had a problem and that I was overreacting. When I told him I was stressing bad and wish I had one of my Klonopin(ive been off of them for awhile) he said "So have a beer! Dont take pills!" I said "I dont want to have A beer! If I have a beer I just want to get DRUNK"
He doesnt get it, non-alcoholics dont get it. And I dont blame him.

Someone said to read over Step1. Ill admit I never even read the steps...but I will check them out.