Old 05-19-2013, 12:52 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Dejvice

Originally Posted by fini View Post
NevarCiots,

i'm an alcoholic.
and the first thing, truthfully, that comes to my mind when someone asks how much and for how long and wants to compare with his own amount is what kind of benefit could he/she possibly get from the answers to these questions unless there's looking for the "ah, i see...i'm nowhere near as bad as all THOSE people were/are, so therefore..."

what's going on with you and your drinking/non-drinking?

Truthfully, I would not be so quick to judge.
Maybe the person wants to find out how bad it can get, how it can progress, other peoples exp. etc.

Like everyone else here I have read loads here (and still continue to do so) and its a mixture of questions people ask, good experiences and bad experiences that teach me a lot. Understanding how often / long and how much can help some one in the decision making process.

Secondly people who can share the exp of how much / long / often, I think that the people who have replied to the question are those ones who can look back and say 'hey I can write this because it is true and I did it'. And for sure that also does a lot for an alcoholics esteem.

And to conclude, if writing how much, how often and how long stops me from drinking today...then I will take that as well.