View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Maylie

It is great that you ultimately decided against going and buying the wine but I think this is a sign that it is time to really concentrate on your recovery. Do you go to counseling or meetings? Also, it might be a good idea to make a plan about what you are going to do if this happens again. Is there someone you can call when you get such a strong craving? I would prob. have a short list of people to call in case the first couple don't pick up.

It is crazy how our minds rationalize things and when we look back on it we are just so bewildered. Like when you said you thought "Ill have to get a low alcohol wine so I dont get hungover, because I know I will have to drink the whole bottle, because I cant have one glass". It is good that you are able to identify that thinking afterwards and understand that that kind of thinking is problematic and leads to a bad place. At one time all of us have been so deep in our addictions that we wouldn't have seen anything wrong with that thinking.

Keep moving forward and working on your recovery. Maybe it is time to find a new hobby that you can dedicate some time to?