Thread: Hello :)
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
desertflower

Hello :)

Hi everyone

I stumbled on this website on google, and I thank the Lord above that I did.

I am an addict. My DOC is oxycodone, and I was once hooked to oxycontin. Essentially, I replaced my oxycontin habit with oxycodone. My father passed away last year, and I found myself digging through the trash looking for oxycontin that my mother said she threw out, and then I just KNEW I had a problem. Since then, I haven't touched an oxycontin but I was having a hard time kicking the addiction to Percs. It's been about a week since I have been clean, and I'm having a hard time.

I first got addicted to Percs when I had a c-section for my daughter. Before then, I had been prescribed Percs but it wasn't a long-term thing, until I had my c-section. I immediately LOVED the way they made me feel...I battle arthritis and degenerative disk disease. My former doctor prescribed NorCo for me, but after failing a random drug test (I tested positive for oxycontin) I was taken off them and slowly descended in to a dismal abyss of addiction and would do anything to get my hands on ANY kind of medication. Now it's been a week since I've taken any Percs and I'm slowly feeling human again. I still have pain in my back and knees (I need a knee replacement) but my head isn't cloudy. I am still kind of afraid of going back to my old ways though. I have never bought off the street, as I am paranoid I will get caught, but I do have a certain family member who kind of...enables me. I know when this person gets their Percs, I'm going to be tempted...*sigh*