View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
hamptons

I am the Problem

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
I really don't know if I have a problem or not. But the fact that I'm thinking about it must mean something.
I'm in my 30s and have been a drinker for my entire adult life. I've always been way more enthusiatic about alcohol that anyone else I know, and for the past few years have had a few drinks every evening. In recent months though, I found I couldn't wait till evening. So I would start drinking at 5pm, then 4pm, and now the cravings come on at lunch time. I have withdrawal symptoms by 2pm. I have been getting through several bottles of vodka a week and am beginning to notice I have times I can't even remember. I drink and feel much better, but wake up ashamed of myself the next day, swear I'm not going to drink, then of course I do. I'm a mother of small children and I have no excuse for this kind of behavior. Not sure what to do next.
I did one of those alcoholic tests where they ask 22 questions...

I scored 8/22 so thought I was good, I am NOT A DRUNK......

Nope the SOB's said I was a problem drinker..but guess what I really had them fooled because I lied on 8 of the questions and would have scored 16/22 (anything above 6/22 is a problem drinker BTW).... so it didn't matter anyway, I am a drunk

Actually, the only person who knows is you....... do what is right for you to stop... it took me the last 35 years to work out I am the problem and I have a problem

Best Wishes