View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
ams0602

Originally Posted by EverySngleNight View Post
Hi! TY for posting your story. I can relate to a lot of it (believe it or not :-)). You have been through SO much and you're obviously very strong. You've taken on the world and done things your way- for better or for worse. You have people that love you, which tells me you are a loving person. Why is it so hard for us to extend the same love and care for ourselves, that we so willingly extend to others? In my case, the capacity to care for myself has been broken for a long time. I have to learn to care for myself, if I want to have a healthy happy life. I hope the same for you. Please keep posting! And stay strong!
I know!!! What is it about ourselves that we find so dismissive that we're willing to drink away who we are?

People tell me regularly that I make them feel so comfortable and not judged at all. People like me. They think I'm funny and kind. Meanwhile I have so many days where I find myself a disgusting failure.

It's gotten better with my b/f. He has diligently put up with my crazy and once I said, "I care about myself far more since I've been with you than I did before" to which his response was, "I only pointed out the things that were always there." I barely kept tears back.

I'll keep posting! Best of luck with your recovery as well!