Old 05-17-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
endlesspatience

Well, we've all been where you are now - some of us many times. Not surprised you feel hungover and unhappy today. You may not feel a whole lot happier tomorrow, but at least you don't need to be hungover again!

So, you managed three whole months as recently as January? GREAT! That's a real achievement. Can you look back to any journals or internet posts you made around that time? What were things that you were doing then that kept you sober? And how did it feel to achieve that sobriety? (Pretty great I should imagine).

I think you're doing OK. You know you've got a problem and you're reaching out for help here on the boards. You've already found a system to keep you sober for months at a time and that's still there if you can return to do what you were doing. Maybe there's some extra stuff you need to do as well this time.

You also know where your local AA is which is great. Sorry you feel uncomfortable there. But don't you feel uncomfortable now as a result of the shame and the hangover? Is there anybody from that group you can call to chat things over with?

I really hope you feel better soon. Do join the sober weekend thread I started recently if you want some support to get you through the next few days.

Best wishes...