View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
lillyknitting
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
I really don't know if I have a problem or not. But the fact that I'm thinking about it must mean something.
I'm in my 30s and have been a drinker for my entire adult life. I've always been way more enthusiatic about alcohol that anyone else I know, and for the past few years have had a few drinks every evening. In recent months though, I found I couldn't wait till evening. So I would start drinking at 5pm, then 4pm, and now the cravings come on at lunch time. I have withdrawal symptoms by 2pm. I have been getting through several bottles of vodka a week and am beginning to notice I have times I can't even remember. I drink and feel much better, but wake up ashamed of myself the next day, swear I'm not going to drink, then of course I do. I'm a mother of small children and I have no excuse for this kind of behavior. Not sure what to do next.
You have a MAJOR problem. Get help now. For the sake of your children's lives, for the sake of your life. You can go to AA where you will be received with love & help. Posting here is always good, loads of help here. Stop now for a truly better life.