View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 01:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
britgirl

Hi Chuck

Thanks for sharing this.

I don't have any mind blowing life changing advice for you I'm afraid as I only have 33 days myself and am definitely no veteran. The only thing I can really say is that my own sobriety becomes easier to maintain if I can keep on top of my mental health problems, (clinical depression & generalised anxiety disorder). For me this started with getting the right medication mix and trying to put some nutrition in my body each day which sounded impossible to me at the time and most days I just ate crap but tried to add a couple of apples or a smoothie to the general crap. Gradually I got a little better at this so referred myself for CBT which gradually helped me to see how negative my thinking patterns had become and whilst I can't say that I often think positively now I can see the negativity and its effect on my mood and in turn the effect this has on the strength of my cravings on any given day. You mentioned your own mental health struggles and was wondering if you're getting appropriate advice, meds etc for this?

It's sounds like you had a really good connection with AA in Colorado, is this something you think you could pick up in Alaska?

You come across in your post as an intelligent and creative guy who could move mountains if you could find something positive to channel yourself into, you deserve better than what your getting right now so please, please don't give up!!!

Keep posting and let us all know how you're getting on. Prayers and best wishes going out to you and yours. Hope you find what you need really soon.