Old 05-16-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Maylie

Take a big breath and just concentrate on your breathing for a second.

We all get into that mindset where everything is a huge deal and we feel sorry for ourselves. It happens to even those that appear really perky on the outside, it is part of being human and stressed!

I find that what helps me is literally taking a step back and trying to put things in perspective. Sometimes I list the things that I am grateful for and think of how far I have come and how much worse things could actually be. Other times I need to just lay down in the dark for a little bit and relax and just concentrate on breathing or a good crawl up on the couch and watch a mindless tv show I enjoy or a good book helps. I'm not sure how old your child is but coloring helps me relax my mind maybe you can do a craft with your child depending how old. (I color and I don't have kids so hey whatever works to calm our nerves right? lol)

At day 11 things are still new and your still learning how to deal with life sober. You are doing great and things will get a little easier everyday (easier said than done I know) but what when you get down on yourself think about the spot you were in 11 days ago. You have come REALLY far even if you don't feel that way at times.