View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Black Bird

New here and on day 6 of being sober

Hi everyone. I have been lurking for a while and this forum has really helped me these past 6 days. Thank you!
I am a stay at home wife and mother and have a really good life. Supportive loving husband and 5 really great kids. That's the good part.

Now on to the not so good...I was a weekend binge drinker since the age 18. Quit it all when my babies were small. Went back to bindging once in a while. After my youngest was a little older and all my kids were in school, that's when all hell broke loose. I became a all day everyday drinker. From 9am to bedtime every single day. I lived that way for the past 2 1/2
years. I have done and said and felt almost everything everyone on here has so I won't write it all here right now.

I don't know how it happened. I was sitting outside drunk and my cousin who is recovering in AA stopped by. He never comes over. Well that day he did. As he was leaving I rushed to the car an said, "I need help!" I never ask for help, it just came out of me. He pointed me to the direction of AA. I went to my first meeting in utter shock, shame, and scared out of my mind. I left with a sense of comfort and humility. I have gone to every meeting since. I am on day 6 of being sober and I am thankful. Thank you so much for this great site and all the help you give. You guys have truly helped. I am off to a meeting. I will check back later.