View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
MemphisBlues

Mid, I had a lot of dental issues from benzo withdrawal. Grinding, for sure, so much so I would wake my self up from the clatter. Gum recession, too. I went through a month or so where I was overproducing saliva, which increased the amount of bacteria in my mouth.

And, yeah, benzos are just wicked. I had leg spasms for several months, constant ringing in the ears, intrusive thoughts, the last song or jingle I heard would stick in my head for hours. I could hum every CNN program theme, or the last music I heard in a convenience store would swirl around in my head until it was replaced by the next song heard in a taxi, etc. My list of symptoms would go on for about a page or so.

But I was most susceptible to the power of suggestion. If I read about it, I got it. So please tread carefully when hearing of others woes.

It simply gets better with time. In my case, the hand shaking was pretty bad for six months. I just learned to accept it. I won't even go into the depression. Just say that it was probably the worst I ever had in 30 years of treatment for depression.

My take is that you are doing great. I know you have great responsibilities with the kids and what not but do try to give yourself some time to heal. Watch some movies, lean on the husband to do as much day-to-day stuff as you can. Just be assured it gets better.